The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalize it! Include as much as you want or as little. Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies. Link up once a week or once a month, you decide. Book haul can include library books, yard sale finds, arcs and bought books…share them!
Another week is over and I can’t wait to share some of my news with you. So let’s begin with what’s been going on in my blog this week.
LAST WEEK’S POSTS:
- Last Sunday I wrote my previous Sunday Post, of course.
- Then on Tuesday I posted my February Wrap Up & March TBR, which was supposed to be up on Monday.
- On Friday’s first post I talked about the author Dimitris Stefanakis, whom I met during the signing of his latest book. (This one I should have posted on Wednesday.)
- Again on Friday, I finally posted my review of The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald, even though I should have posted it on Tuesday.
- Lastly, on Friday I published my review of The Magicians’ Guild by Trudi Canavan, which I initially posted with a Blogmas title. Yep, I actually did that and didn’t realize it until several hours later. To anyone who saw it and was like “What the heck?!! It’s not Christmas.” I want to inform you that I do know the date (thankfully!). Fortunately, I’ve edited the title.
As you can see, I do have some problems with keeping to my schedule. I did think of scheduling my posts for 2-3 days later than I want to publish them, but then I would be even later. Procrastination, thy name is Nora.
NEXT WEEK’S POSTS:
- On Monday I’m going to talk a bit about my family’s thoughts on the books I read.
- On Tuesday I will write my review on The Novice by Trudi Canavan. I do want to review all three books of the trilogy and now that the first one is done, why not just do the rest of them as well? Right?
- On Wednesday it’s Top 5 Wednesday time again. As you already know I don’t participate in T5W every week. But I thought that this week’s theme was interesting, so I’m going to talk about my top 5 books featuring time travel.
- On Friday I will be writing a second review post on The Freedom Writers’ Diary, which I believe that I will have finished by then.
- Finally, on Sunday it will be Sunday Post time again.
INTERESTING STUFF ON THE BLOGOSPHERE:
Last night I decided to add this part in my Sunday Posts. Unfortunately, I hadn’t kept any notes all week and I cannot remember a lot of interesting posts that I read. Still, here are just a few:
- 9 Reasons why all writers are weird
- Things Bookworms Never Ever Want To Hear (Not Ever)
- Lies #Bookbloggers Tell Themselves
And, of course, here on this blog I have created a blog survey. So, you should go on and and fill it out. It would help me a lot.
My grandparents gave me a camera. They had bought it probably around 7 to 8 years ago and used it once in 2009 while we were on vacation in Zakynthos. It’s still practically brand new. Aaaaah, I love my grandparents! Especially since I didn’t have a spare 70€ to spend on buying one and my grandpa had surely spent a lot more than 70€ on this camera. Had it not been a good camera, he wouldn’t have bought it.
I’m still congratulating myself on asking if there was a camera I could borrow from time to time. I seriously meant to borrow it, but of course my grandma just said “Take it. It’s yours. We don’t use it.” I know, my grandparents are awesome!
Anyway, Thursday was the first day of the Carnival here in Greece. For anyone who doesn’t know, during the Carnival people dress up and go out and have fun. The celebration is kind of like Halloween, but ours lasts more than one night. So, in the first day of the Carnival, which is always a Thursday, people gather together and have something like a huge barbecue all around the country. This day is called Tsiknopempti, because it’s always on a Thursday (Pempti in Greek) and because of the smell of the smoke from the meat being cooked on the coals, which is called tsikna in Greek. So, yes, this past Thursday was Tsiknopempti in Greece. Unfortunately, I didn’t go out to celebrate, but we went out last night and we had lots of fun! I wanted to bring my camera to take photos, but at the last minute I discovered that I had left it at home 😦
I have recently admitted to myself that my cousin thinks I am stupid enough not to understand he’s lying. “I was at my friend’s house for an hour trying to persuade him to give me his book to do my homework, because I don’t have mine with me, but he didn’t give it to me.” or “I’m supposed to start studying at 15:00. Right now, it’s only 14:56, I’ll be back at 15:00. I promise!” or “I’ve finished my homework” says he on Saturday afternoon and then asks me for help with his homework again on Sunday. As you can see, my IQ levels have obviously dropped significantly in the last week, since I was supposed to have fallen for all of these O-B-V-I-O-U-S excuses.
My sister has decided that the entire Earth population has been turned into zombies. Her reasoning is that the world was supposed to end in 2012. So, we should have obviously been dead by now. However, we are still walking and breathing. Thus, the only logical conclusion is that the world did indeed end in 2012, we did indeed die, and now we are zombies. We are the walking dead, prowling the earth looking for human brain leftovers. Okay, maybe I was the one who offered the word ‘zombies’ in this argument, but we are all going to blame my sister. OKAY?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have almost finished my tiger. The tiger I had mentioned during Blogmas… The one I had been drawing… The one on the left.
Well, I had put it aside for a while, because it had exhausted me. But now, I have picked it up again and it is almost finished. I will add a few details in my drawing class on Wednesday and I will call it done. I’m so excited! When it is finished I will share a photo of it with you. I don’t know if it will be on Thursday or in next week’s Sunday Post. But it will happen sometime between those days.
QUESTION FOR YOU:
In my last couple of book reviews I added a few words about the author. Nothing special, just a small piece that I found either on Goodreads or on the author’s website. But I wanted to know, if you like it or if you think that it makes my posts too long. What’s your opinion?
I am currently reading The Art of War by Sun Tzu, which I find that it is hard to read in one sitting. Even though the book is great, I am constantly stopping to think about what I’m reading and so it takes me a long time to read a very short part of it. I have decided to divide the book evenly into the days I have left of this month and read it slowly.
I am also reading The Freedom Writers’ Diary, which I believe that I will finish this week. It is great book, but I find it hard to read too much of it at once, because it talks about such a serious subject and again it’s a book that always makes me think.
NEXT I WILL READ:
I will probably go for The Warden by Anthony Trollope. Thinking is good, but this is too much. I need something different. A change. A novel like this one, I hope.
This was all my news for this week. It’s time to close this Sunday Post.
Now it’s your turn…
What books did you read last week? Do you have any exciting news to share? Have you read or written any interesting posts this past week? Anything else you would like to share with me?
Tell me all about it in the comments below…