The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalize it! Include as much as you want or as little. Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies. Link up once a week or once a month, you decide. Book haul can include library books, yard sale finds, arcs and bought books…share them!
This week I was much more careful to stick to my blogging schedule than previously. In fact, I wasn’t late not even once! I’m quite proud of myself for that. Maybe I’m starting to get over my inconsistency problem. (I’m going to stick to this explanation until the next time I’m late again, then it’s going to be the neighbor’s dog’s fault for biting me and send me to the hospital, where I was kept for 3 days… 😉 )
LAST WEEK’S POSTS:
So, what went on this past week on my blog? Well…
- On Sunday I wrote my previous Sunday Post.
- Then on Monday I posted My Family vs. My Books, where I talked about what my family thinks of the books that I’m reading.
- After that, on Tuesday I reviewed The Novice by Trudi Canavan, the second book in the Black Magician Trilogy.
- Next, on Wednesday I participated once again on Top 5 Wednesday. This week’s theme was Top 5 Books Featuring Time Travel. I have to admit that I found out about a lot of new books with time travel. And a darker confession: while writing this post I didn’t even think of Harry Potter and Outlander. Of course, I wouldn’t have mentioned Outlander, since I didn’t love the book, but still it was what most people mentioned and it didn’t even cross my mind.
- Then, on Friday I posted my review on The Freedom Writters’ Diary, which I have finally finished and I can now say that it is an even better book than I had thought.
- Lastly, yesterday was the Take Control of your TBR Pile 24-hour Read-a-thon, so I spent most of my free time reading, but I did post a photo of my Roaring Tiger that I have been drawing.
NEXT WEEK’S POSTS:
- On Monday I’m going to post my Read-a-thon Wrap Up.
- Then on Tuesday I will participate in another Top 10 Tuesday, this week’s theme is Ten Books on my Spring TBR.
- On Wednesday I’m going to do my review on “How Literature Can Change Your Life” by Dimitris Stefanakis. I know the book has just come out and has not been translated, but you never know when a publisher may pass through your blog, see your post, and decide that he wants to spend money and effort translating this book, because it is just AWESOME! Right?
- Ahem! Then for Thursday I have planned to do my Book Fangirling Blog Award post. I have been dying to tell you about this, but I have been nominated for another blog award! Thanks so much to Emily @embuhleeliest for nominating me! You are AWESOME!!! (I’m using the word awesome too much today…)
- Friday is Burial Rites review time.
- Then on Saturday I’m going to get completely off the subject and share 25 facts about me with you and…
- On Sunday, it will be time for another Sunday Post.
AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE:
- Does your blog design work for you?
- Do You Ever NOT Recommend Your Favorite Books?
- Do author interactions influence your reading habits?
- And, of course, here on my blog my blog survey is still open.
I have had a great idea for an art project. It will definitely be hard for me to do, but I’m going to start working on it asap. My initial idea was to draw ancient Greek goddesses. I want to do realistic drawings of beautiful Ancient Greek women and to show that they are actually goddesses I’m going to add surrealistic and other elements to the drawings. You know each goddess’ personal symbols like Athena’s spear and stuff. I’m still on the thinking and planning part of the process, though. First, I want to do research on each goddess to gather ideas.
Anyway, I am really excited about this project. I’m also thinking of expanding it. When I am done with the goddesses I am thinking of working on the 9 Muses and after that I would like to draw some of the minor goddesses. When this too is over, I would like to spend some time on Ancient Greek mythological females. I’m not really sure exactly what I’m going to do, but right now what I have in mind is a lot of work that will take a lot of time to be finished.
To tell you the truth, if the drawings I’m thinking of doing end up being as good as my tiger was, then I could even sell them and make good money out of them. Unfortunately, I can’t sell the tiger or any other of my previous drawings because I wasn’t using royalty free photos to create them. Really shortsighted of me. Oh, well, I can’t do anything about it now.
Other than that, I have recently discovered -to my chagrin- that fratricide is not a legal means of protecting myself against my sister when she is in the mood to score points instead of having a conversation. Dang it!
I am still reading The Art of War by Sun Tzu. And I have just started The Warden by Anthony Trollope. Although, I can’t tell you anything about it right now, because I’m still at the beginning.
NEW TO MY SHELVES:
Here’s a sneak peak of the books I have recently added to my shelves…
Hehehe! It’s all in Greek, so you have no idea which books I’m talking about. You’ll have to wait until my March Book Haul after all.
Now it’s your turn…
What are your latest news? What interesting did you do this week? Any interesting posts? Did you get any books? Read a great story?
Tell me all about it in the comments below…