Yay! I’ve been nominated for another award! This is the third time I’ve been nominated for a blog award in the last three months, so I do believe that I’m getting better at this blogging thing. This time I want to thank Emily @embuhleeliest whose the one that nominated for this award. So, let’s all give her a big virtual hug and tell her she’s AWEsome!!!
Before I go on and start talking about the award, I just wanted to say that the reason I didn’t post what I had scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday, is that I was traveling and when I got back I was exhausted. But I will post them sometime during the week. On to the award…
- Create a post to accept your award.
- Add the blog award button into your post (just save the picture to your computer and upload it) and put it on the side of your blog as a widget.
- Link to the creator in the post so they know who has given you the award.
- Answer the questions I have set below.
- Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think deserve this award.
- Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
- Link them to this post so that they know the rules.
Answering Emily’s Questions:
1. How many fandoms would you call yourself an ‘active participant’ in and what are they?
Well, it depends on what you call an ‘active participant’. Does it involve highly developed stalking skills, many hours spent on social media, and young women screaming at signings/meet ups/etc? (That sounds a little bit scary.) If your answer is yes, then I am absolutely NOT a participant -active or inactive- in any fandom at all! But if we are talking about something a bit more normal, then I’d have to reveal to you my dirty secret: I’m absolutely in love with Chloe Neill’s Chicagoland Vampires series. You may have not noticed. After all, it’s not like I’m almost constantly recommending this or the other book of the series in my posts, right? I have even put a great deal of thought in getting myself a Cadogan House medal, but when I had looked it up, the cost of shipping to Greece had been higher than the price of the medal itself. I’m sorry but no. I’ll simply have to make one for myself. There are a couple more fandoms -all of them book related- but I thinks that this is my favorite one.
2. Do you read fanfiction in your fandoms? If so, share your favorite one!
No, I don’t read fanfiction in my fandoms. Or at least I don’t read fanfiction because of my fandoms. I’m not going to say that I have never read fanfiction. Fifty Shades of Grey is Twilight fanfiction, after all, and I have read it. But I wouldn’t read a book just because it is fanfiction, especially if it is something like the biography of a star or something like that.
3. Do you have any merch? If so, take a picture!
No, I don’t. Although, when I was younger (10-12 years old), I had this habit(?) of knitting Harry Potter scarves. Does that count? I don’t think so, but I will not embarass myself by showng you my first pathetic attempts at knitting.
4. Is there a character/series/show that you would like to become a fan of but don’t know where to start?
Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series. Whenever I have researched the order in which I should read these, I have gotten confused.
5. Have you made any friends purely from being a member of a fandom? Are you still friend with these people? If they’re internet friends, have you met up with any in real life? Do you plan to?
Well, considering that reading books is kind of like a fandom by itself, then I think it is safe to answer yes to this question. I am a book blogger, after all. And yes, I’ve met several new people because of my blog. I’m not friends with those people yet, but I’ve only started becoming serious with my blogging in the last few months, so it’s too early yet. But I think I could become great friends with some of these people and yes I would love to meet some of them in the future. So, if you want to become my friend, then go on and message me. I’m usually very shy and introverted and kinda socially awkward, but I looooove making new friends.
I am nominating:
- Cait @paperfury
- Ren @nerdychampagne
- Raye @thebookhoarder
- Nya @nyareads
- Lindsay @theuntamedshrews
- Mallory @theleaningtoweroftomes
- Tracy @cornerfolds
Nora’s Questions To You, My Dear Nominated Bloggers:
- What fandom do you wish that existed?/What fandom would you create, if you could?
- Dirty Secrets: Which fandom do you take a guilty pleasure at participating in?
- Have you ever had an experience that turned you from a passionate fan into a hater?
- Which fandom do you hate/don’t understand/find ridiculous?
- How much of a stalker do you turn into when in fangirling mode?
So, this was my Book Fangirling Blog Award Post. I hope you had fun reading it. for the people I have nominated, I haven’t chacked to see if you’ve already been nominated. Sorry! Anyway, I hope that you will have fun writing your own award post.
Lastly, I want to remind you all that my blog survey is still open for you to participate in it.
Now it’s your turn…
I want to know your own answers to Emily and mine Book Fangirling Blog Award questions. What are some of your favorite fandoms?
Tell me all about it in the comments below…