The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalize it! Include as much as you want or as little. Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies. Link up once a week or once a month, you decide. Book haul can include library books, yard sale finds, arcs and bought books…share them!
As I had predicted last week, I did have a problem keeping to my schedule again and I do have a good excuse for it. I was traveling to Ioannina this week and it was kinda exhausting.
LAST WEEK’S POSTS:
- Last Sunday was time for my previous Sunday post.
- Then, on Tuesday I wrapped up my Take Control of Your TBR Pile Read-a-thon day.
- On Friday, I wrote my Book Fangirling Blog Award post. Thank you Emily!!!! (virtual hugs)
- On Saturday I confessed to 25 facts about me.
- Also on Saturday, and though I had not scheduled it, I did the St. Patty’s Day Book Tag. A little extra for all of you who put up with me. 🙂
THIS WEEK’S POSTS:
- For Monday I have planned to post the two reviews that I should have posted last week; How Literature Can Change Your Life and Burial Rites.
- Next, it’s Top 10 Tuesday time: Books you Like But Haven’t Talked About Enough/In a While.
- Top 5 Wednesday this week is all about books you DNF.
- On Thursday I will be closing up my reviews of the Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan with the review of The High Lord, which is the last book of the trilogy (obviously).
- On Saturday I will be reviewing Room by Emma Donoghue.
- And lastly, on Sunday I will be writing another Sunday Post.
AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE:
This week I just followed a gazillion new blogs. So these are some the most interesting stuff I read this week:
- Why Aren’t You Getting Comments On Your Book Blog?
- 4 Things A Blogger Has To Accept
- How To Prepare For Photography Photo Shoots in 3 Steps
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Awesome Bookstagam (With A Phone)
- 31 of the Best Books on Creativity: EVER!
- 5 Important Pieces of Blog Advice Every Blogger Should Know
- Things Being Has Taught Me About Writing
And of course I still have my blog survey open for everyone to participate. This is the last week, so go on and take it before I close it.
Nothing especially exciting happened this past week. My life is kinda boring. However, this week is going to be quite busy for me so I hope I’ll have something more exciting to share with you.
Room by Emma Donoghue. Just started it today.
To five-year-old Jack, Room is the entire world. It is where he was born and grew up; it’s where he lives with his Ma as they learn and read and eat and sleep and play. At night, his Ma shuts him safely in the wardrobe, where he is meant to be asleep when Old Nick visits.
Room is home to Jack, but to Ma, it is the prison where Old Nick has held her captive for seven years. Through determination, ingenuity, and fierce motherly love, Ma has created a life for Jack. But she knows it’s not enough…not for her or for him. She devises a bold escape plan, one that relies on her young son’s bravery and a lot of luck. What she does not realize is just how unprepared she is for the plan to actually work.
Told entirely in the language of the energetic, pragmatic five-year-old Jack, Room is a celebration of resilience and the limitless bond between parent and child, a brilliantly executed novel about what it means to journey from one world to another.
NEXT I WILL READ:
Τι μας έμαθαν επιτέλους οι Αρχαίοι Έλληνες; (So What Have We Laern From The Ancient Greeks?) by Dimitris Sarandakos.
I have no idea what the book is about. I just like the title.
NEW TO MY SHELVES:
A couple more books have creeped into my reading pile. Here’s a sneak peak…
Now it’s your turn…
What are your news this week? What books did you read? Or what are you currently reading? Did you get any great books you are excited about?
Tell me all about it in the comments below…